Sunday, April 1, 2012

Creative Chemistry Finale

Hi everyone! I made one last card for the Creative Chemistry Class I've been taking. This has been a fabulous class with Tim Holtz teaching us so many great tips and techniques. You can still register for the class here.

Isn't this a great sunflower stamp from Frog's Whisker's Ink?  I used Alcohol Inks with Pearl Mixatives on the sunflower petals and the blue background and Alcohol Inks with Copper Mixative for the flower center. The card base and sentiment were inked with Distress Inks and sprayed with Perfect Pearls. Love all the soft pearlescent shimmer on this card!  I used Hero Arts Envelope Pattern on the card base (hard to see) and the sentiment is from the new Zig Zag Thanks stamp set also from Hero Arts.

I really enjoyed your class Tim, so sad to see it's over but I hope you'll do another one real soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. How beautiful! Love the striking colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sue, this is absolutely gorgeous! Such vibrant colours and I love the effect of the alcolol inks with the mixatives! Sounds like Tim's class was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I call a grand finale! Absolutely beautiful. I'm not sure why I didn't sign up for this class at the beginning, but I did yesterday and can already see I have a LOT to learn from Tim. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Stunning card, Sue! That flower is amazing, and love the pretty blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sunflower card, Sue - just love how you used Tim's techniques!! I'm sorry to see class end - it was such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love the colors and the sentiment on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your gorgeous card Sue.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing technique. Love the effect you created on this card. It is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, Sue! Your work is absolutely beautiful! You are most definitely a talented crafter! I would like to invite you to check out Word Art Wednesday, a newer challenge blog. We would be delighted to have you link up and share this beautiful art in our challenge. New challenge starts each Wednesday, and a new prize each week as well. Hope you will stop by when you are able. Keep crafting - just gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Karen L, Blog Owner
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How glorious is this card, Sue! The colors are so vibrant and the inking is amazing! I love seeing your creations from taking the class!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SPECTACULAR! The colors are wonderfully vibrant!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!