Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Buckle Card

Just doing a quick post showing the buckle card I made for the FIPIFIZI class (there's a link in my side bar).
Supplies: Hero Arts Stamps (Feather Grass, Antique Engravings), Inks (Distress Peacock Feathers, Tsukineko Brilliance Sunflower Yellow, Versafine Onyx Black), Paper (Neenah Solar White), Stampin' Up Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Perfect Pearls

I love this colour combo of bright yellow with the new Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Peacock Feathers. I made a spray out of the reinker and misted white cardstock then finished off with a spritz or two of Perfect Pearls. While the paper was still damp I stamped the Feather Grass with Peacock Feathers so it would bleed a bit and give a water colour effect.

It's hard to photograph the "buckle" part of this card but it involves the butterfly. If you want to know the secret of how to make this card you can still register for the class at Ellen Hutson.

I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Clean & Simple Challenge.


Have a great day!


6 comments:

  1. Really pretty and gorgeous colors!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous card. Love the color combo, and your stamps were perfect with it. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so striking!! Love the color combo! I just got the Peacock distress Ink and I haven't really inked it up much! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sue!!! I love the colors and that butterfly is awesome!! Have a wonderful day!! Gloria

    Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so very pretty!! I love that butterfly stamp!
    Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning color combo! I love the swirls with that beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!