Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Acetate Scene

I have another card for the Hero Arts Monthly Challenge.
Acetate Scene
This card has an embossed card base with an acetate overlay.  The trees are digital images that I printed on the acetate and the snowflakes were stamped.  I added a glittered strip of snow and finished off with some gems.

It's my first time using the Christmas Words folder and I just love the fonts and how deep the embossing is on the paper.  I highly recommend it for your Christmas stash.

I have to say that this card is so much prettier in real life but between the acetate and the glitter I could not get a decent picture that showcases them both.

I'm entering this card at CAS-ual Fridays Winter Blues Challenge but I'm not entirely sure if the colour "pool" qualifies for this challenge : )

And I'm also entering this at the Simon Says Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks so much for visiting today, I appreciate all the comments you leave me!




10 comments:

  1. Sue, creating with soft color is what you do best! The embossed background, combined with the acetate overlay and charming trees, looks amazing! I adore this gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, I just had to pop in to say how absolutely beautiful this card is - just love the minty color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love love love that color printing on the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card! I love the embossed background and stamped overlay! Great idea! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrrr...this lovely card just looks like Winter & Christmas to me. You always have the most fantastic ideas to create a beautiful card. I like this folder too. Thanks for inspiring a great way to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, your colour and embossing is fabulous. Your printing on the acetate is stunning!!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, it is a stunner on your blog. Simply gorgeous. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This design is so fun and whimsical. I love the embossing paired with the delicate trees. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS card!! It looks like a HA digi winner for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card,Sue! You are rocking with the gorgeous wintery cards that you make lately! This one is no exception! Love how you used the embossed background and acetate! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!