Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Card Packaging

If you are looking for the Hero Arts Hostess Blog Hop please click here.

Papertrey Ink is having a challenge about packaging cards that are too large for regular sized envelopes.  There's a video showing how to decorate envelopes to make them a little more fun and how to use and decorate a glassine bag for oversized cards.  I love the glassine bag idea and will have to buy some for my stash.
Sue-McRae-P1140488
Since I didn't have glassine bags I custom made an envelope to match the size of my card.  This envelope is 5.5 x 7.5, is made from thin cardstock and I stamped it with some of the same images I used on the actual card.

Because I knew I was hand delivering this I added acetate butterflies and gems to the envelope, which I think makes it extra special.  I also thought it would be fun to add a sentiment and round 3 of the corners.  Something a little different.

Thanks so much for visiting today!


Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Turning a New Leaf, Butterfly Kisses, Think Big Favorites #12)
Ink: Memento (Pear Tart), Stazon (Blazing Red), Versafine Onyx Black

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely envelope.
    Love your stamping and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love those butterflies Sue!! Such a pretty way to package a card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, you got me, I just spent a minute trying to figure out where your envelope was! Then I realized, that IS the envelope!!! It's beautiful, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty envelope! yes, those butterflies add such a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I LOVE this envelope-especially those butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!