Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pattern Play

When I saw that Online Card Classes was offering a class on patterned paper I signed up lickety-split.  If you follow my blog you know I have a fear of using patterned paper, love the paper, can't seem to use it productively on my cards.

My day 1 project.
Sue McRae Pattern Play Day 1 I'm using 4 different patterns on this card, how crazy is that?  The papers are all from Lily Bee Designs Happily Lost paper pack.  The papers should all work together but I'm not totally convinced there isn't some clashing going on.

My second day card involved some stamping and inking with patterned paper so this was more in my comfort zone.
Sue McRae Pattern Play Day 2

There is so much great info being shared in this class I encourage you to sign up here, totally worth it.

Thanks for stopping by today.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Sue! I'm a little bit like you when it comes to patterns. I may need to go ahead and sign up for this class! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards, Sue! Love your design on the first card and the pretty papers go so well together! Love the background on your second card and the way the sentiment piece really pops against it! Looks like your fear has been well and truly conquered - great job, Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow both very lovely card! And I truely enjoy the pattern paper mixes on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, Sue! Love your layered hearts! Beautiful papers and designs on both cards! Looks like you are definitely conquering your fear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely, Sue! Can't wait to see what else you show us with this class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just loved both of your cards!..The pattern papers you have used work so well with each other...Such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards, both work really well x

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!