Thursday, August 15, 2013

Using Vellum at A Blog Named Hero


Hi everyone! There's a new challenge up at A Blog Named Hero and it's all about using vellum on your projects.

I love using vellum, it's such a versatile product and one of my favourite ways of using it is by inking it up with Alcohol Inks.
ABNH Vellum Challenge
The flower panel was inked using Watermelon, Sunshine Yellow and some Pearl Mixative.  I was going for a soft blend of colours here to go with the white embossing.  For the butterflies, another piece of vellum was inked using the same colours but not the Mixative so the colours are a bit bolder and not as blended.

Make sure to stop by A Blog Named Hero to be inspired by all the fab projects created by the design team. The Vellum Challenge lasts for 2 weeks and one lucky person will win a gift voucher to do some shopping at Simon Says Stamp.



Thanks for stopping by today!











10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, this card looks amazing! I love the colour on the vellum. Gorgeous design too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Sue! Just LOVE the way your vellum panel and butterflies turned out - gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoooo the vellum, never looked so pretty :) amazing colors n design :) I am inspired to make one of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the details on coloring the vellum! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Sue! The colors are wonderful! I don't think I've ever tried to color vellum in this way, but I'll try it now! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning! Love how you colored the vellum!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! I really need to use my alcohol inks more. They look fabulous on Vellum! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!