Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Cutting Edge

It's my first time playing in The Cutting Edge Challenge, but I do have to mention that it is only the 2nd challenge over there. It's a newbie challenge blog so go check it out here and see what it's all about!

Here is the inspiration photo.


Don't you just love the drippy colours!

Here's my take on it.

P1230206c

I watercoloured my background in colours similar to the inspiration project and used Paper Smooches Super 2 Die.  I framed the scene with thin strips of black paper, added my sentiment and a few gems.

I'm also entering this for Paper Smooches Anything Goes Challenge and Virginia's View Challenge #5, use dies on your project.



Thanks for popping by today!





18 comments:

  1. Love how you added some gems here and there and the background is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you framed your cityscape. Quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love how you left some windows closed and added gems in other windows. Love the watercolor background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how I love this card. There's something about skylines that is so attractive and you've enhanced is prodigiously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love these soft colors, Sue! A beautiful take on this challenge! Love the gems in the windows, so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how your scene turned out! The watercolored background is beautiful and I never thought of adding gems to the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving how you just have a patch of watercolor in the sky! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific design - love the way the black strips anchor the cityscape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - perfectly designed & colored. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this SO much, Sue! Congrats on the FB feature over Virgina's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge, love how you left some of the windows in and added bling to others, great background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous and unique take on the inspiration. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That background is gorgeous, Sue! And I love how you used the gems! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool card, Sue!! Your watercolor background is amazing:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you stuck the gems in the window spaces, fantastic card Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE those black thin strips of paper that you used to frame your cityscape!! Super, incredibly, awesomely done!! And the watercolor background just adds so much beauty to this card!! Very well done, I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated!